– Gateway’s Major Investment in Jobs and the Local Economy is Unveiled to Edmonton –
NEWS: Edmonton, AB, September 7, 2016 – Gateway Casinos & Entertainment (“Gateway”) is thrilled to open its doors at Grand Villa Edmonton, a $32 million, world-class gaming and entertainment destination in ICE District.
Grand Villa Edmonton will deliver entertainment redefined to the millions of visitors to Edmonton’s ICE District with more unique dining and entertainment experiences than any other venue in Edmonton. The property features Match Eatery & Public House with live entertainment, spectacular dining experiences in Atlas Steak + Fish, a dynamic, 60,000 square foot gaming floor offering all the best and newest games. Grand Villa, Gateway’s most premium, high-end property brand, will be an exceptional addition to Edmonton’s vibrant and rejuvenated downtown.
The Grand Villa project was announced in spring 2015. The project, which was completed on time and on budget, has contributed significantly to the local economy through the use of local suppliers and purchasing during the construction period. With an annual payroll topping $4 million, Gateway’s Grand Villa team is now over 400 with the recent hiring of 200 new, permanent employees which will deliver the first-class experience to Grand Villa customers.
Given the major focus on elevating the customer experience through dining and entertainment, Gateway and Grand Villa Edmonton is excited to debut acclaimed Executive Chef Shelley Robinson who will lead the award winning culinary and entertainment team. Chef Robinson will oversee the casinos’ array of restaurants and dining options. A co-author of four cookbooks, Robinson has owned and operated two restaurants in Calgary and was a Canadian delegate for Slow Food Canada in Turin Italy. Most recently, she won the Food Network’s Chopped Canada and was a competitor on the Food Network’s Season Four Top Chef Canada.
At the grand opening, over 600 community leaders and project partners celebrated the opening of the spectacular new casino before throwing the doors open to a larger celebration with customers. Beginning at 7pm, the first 200 guests will receive a lucky red envelope with Free Play from $5 to $100. This also kicks off exciting promotions and contests for customers, including the $100,000 Grand Giveaway continuing through to November 20th. Guests are encouraged to swipe in at the game kiosk daily using their Player Rewards Cards as every swipe wins.
As they have been a proud member of the Edmonton community for more almost 20 years, Gateway announced The Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation as a new charitable partner in Edmonton. Gateway strives to be a good neighbor in the communities where they operate by supporting important community projects and initiatives through Gateway Gives, the company’s charitable giving and community support program. This is in addition to supporting important Edmonton projects like The MS Society, Edmonton Meals on Wheels, and The Edmonton Humane Society.
To find out more about Grand Villa Edmonton, including information on the grand opening festivities, parking and
“Whether it’s celebrating an Oilers win, enjoying a night of entertainment and gambling with friends or partaking in the unparalleled wine and culinary experience at Atlas – we believe that Grand Villa will be the perfect complement to all of the other amazing amenities ICE District will offer.” – Tony Santo, CEO, Gateway Casinos & Entertainment
“The AGLC congratulates Gateway on its newest casino and encourages the public to use their GameSense when enjoying all that the Grand Villa Casino Edmonton has to offer,” said Bill Robinson, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Alberta’s newest casino offers a richly entertaining selection of games and more that will help cement ICE District’s reputation as a destination centre.” – Bill Robinson, CEO, Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission
“Gateway Casino’s grand opening today is a true testament of the character, vibrancy, and energy that it will undoubtedly add to ICE District,” said Daryl Katz, Chairman, Katz Group. “As we move closer to completion, it is very exciting to see how ICE District is already becoming part of the fabric of Edmonton – building a historic legacy for the city and setting the standard for what entertainment should be on a world scale.”
- Grand Villa Edmonton will employ 400 people, which creates 200 new positions for people in the community. All new employees started customer service training in July. During construction, 450 construction jobs were
- The new 60,000 square foot property will offer guests more dining and other entertainment options, including three restaurants and space for live entertainment. The 30,000 square foot gaming floor offers 600 slot machines and 24 table
- MATCH Eatery & Public House features local gastro flare in an upscale Pub format and also features a semi-private Bud Room; Atlas Steak + Fish brings a modern twist on iconic steakhouses + classic seafood restaurants to Edmonton along with private dining, an interactive kitchen and product offerings that center around well-tailored culture, progressive, classic and contemporary
- For those quick bites on the run or before and after the big games or concert, Grand Villa Edmonton offers Vera’s Burger Shack, Pinkberry, Sbarros Pizzeria, and
- Gateway Casinos & Entertainment operates has 18 gaming properties, over 3,800 employees, 6,100 slots machines, 200 tables, 36 restaurants and 1,000 hotel