Health & Safety
We are excited to welcome our customers back to the fun and excitement of Gateway Casinos.
Gateway Health & Safety Promise
The health and wellbeing of our guests and employees is our top priority
- Our facilities continue to operate with the highest health & safety standards and will follow all public health officials’ guidelines to ensure that our facilities are clean, safe and healthy.
- New training given to employees to ensure their own health and safety as well as others.
- All hard surfaces and high touch areas are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- No employee is allowed in the facility with any flu-like symptoms.
- Our team are washing their hands frequently with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand rub for at least 20 seconds.
- All areas will be deep cleaned and sanitized at least once per day with continuous cleaning throughout the day.
- Some physical barriers (such as plexi-glass) may continue to be used where casino employees, such as dealers or cash-cage staff, interact with players.
- We have eliminated hand-to-hand contact with guests and co-workers (no handshakes, fist bumps, high-fives, etc.)
- We will continue to consult with the public health officials to ensure the health and wellbeing of our guests and employees.
What to Expect When You Visit
Effective April 8, 2022 at 12:01AM proof of vaccination is no longer required to enter casinos, community gaming centres and bingo halls in B.C.
Effective March 11th at 12:01am Face masks are no longer required.
Prior to reopening in July all casinos, community gaming centres and bingo halls completed a deep cleaning.
All casino service providers are required to follow comprehensive health and safety guidelines. Sanitation of surfaces and gaming equipment including slot machines will occur frequently throughout the day.
To encourage frequent hand washing, hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout casinos, community gaming centres, and bingo halls for all guests and employees. You will also see reminders to wash your hands frequently. In addition, all gaming facilities will have pre-shift health checks for their employees on an ongoing basis.